Welcome to Africa. This place is more fun than a barrel of... mongongo nuts! Within this continent, you will find:
- Vast, mysterious rainforests
- The world's largest desert—the Sahara.
- The world's longest river—the Nile
- A lake nearly a mile deep—Lake Tanganyika
- A mountain more than 3 1/2 miles high—Mount Kilimanjaro
For people like me who love to observe birds and mammals, this place is paradise. It is also home to about a quarter of all the mammal species on earth. Nowhere on earth is there more open space for such a variety of big mammals to roam. One of those open spaces is Tanzania's Serengeti Plain — an expanse of grasslands with trees scattered throughout it. The Serengeti is our African destination.