A nameplate is a good way to display your name or to identify your room. Create one out of natural and recycled materials and hang it up for all to see.
Items you will need:
- A board from recycled material measuring approximately 10”X12”. It may be an old piece of wood, part ofa cardboard box, or the side of a cereal box.
- Twigs, leaves, seeds, or dried flowers found on the ground, or birdseed.
- String or yarn
- Paint and brushes or a 10”X12” piece of color fabric (optional)
- Feathers (optional)
What to do:
- You can leave your board just as is; paint it the color of your choice, or use glue to cover it with the piece of fabric. If painting the board, let it completely dry before you move on to the next step.
- Punch two holes at the top of your board (one on the top left hand side of your board and one on the top right hand side).
- Thread the string (or yarn) through the holes and tie the ends so you will be able to hang your nameplate.
- Collect twigs, leaves and flowers from the ground in your backyard or surrounding area and be sure there are no living critters on the items. Make sure not to pull healthy twigs, leaves or flowers from a live plant.
- Break the twigs (if large) into smaller pieces to use for shaping the letters of your name.
- Using the twigs spell out your name and place the twigs on your board, once you have all the letters that you will need, put glue on the back of those twigs and press them onto your recycled board, gluing them into place. Keep the board on a flat surface until is completely dry or the letters of your name may fall off.
- While your twig name is drying, decorate the rest of the nameplate by gluing leaves, seeds and dried flowers around it and let if finish drying.
- Once your board is completely dry, you can hang your twig nameplate and enjoy it!
More cool ideas:
Now that you have your nameplate, use your imagination to create other interesting things in different shapes and sizes, such as a nameplate for a friend or even an animal crossing sign!