Lion Note Stand
Your room will be more colorful and fun and you will have a better chance to remember important things with your own note stand creation! You can always use it also to display a pet picture or a favorite family photo.
Items you will need:
- Two (2) clothespins
- Yellow paint and brush
- Construction paper: orange, pink, and yellow
- 3-inch square or larger piece of card stock (thick construction paper or cardboard)
- Black marker
- Two (2) googly eyes (optional)
What to do:
- Cut the card stock to make it a 3-inch round piece.
- Using a paint brush, paint the card stock piece and the clothespins with yellow, this will be the face of your lion and its legs. Let dry completely.
- While paint is drying, cut 24-36 pieces of orange construction paper into 1/2 -inch-wide and 1½-inch-long strips, these pieces will be serve as the mane for your lion.
- Using the pink construction paper, cut out a small triangle with rounded edges, this will be your lion’s nose.
- Using the yellow construction paper, cut out two (2) round ears.
- Once the painted card stock (face) is dry, glue your orange paper strips around the face to create the mane, leaving space in the center to complete the face.
- Glue the nose (with the end of the small triangle facing downward, similar to an upside down triangle) and the ears.
- Draw its mouth, whiskers, and eyes using the black marker, or add googly eyes.
- To the back of the now completed lion head, glue the two clothespins side by side, leaving approximately 1/2 inch between them. The top of the clothespins (clipside up) should come approximately halfway up on the card stock to form legs. Allow glue to dry.\
- Stand the lion on your bookshelf, nightstand or computer desk for clipping away daily reminders and fun pictures!